Saturday, March 8, 2014

Day -6

I decided to search for kartveli rather than Georgian on YouTube, found a behind the scenes video for a boy named Georgi auditioning for Georgia Talent, which lead me to a talk show. I watched it a few times, it had a singer who sang in Russian and whose music I had already heard (we often listen to Russian pop music in the office). After about 4 repititions I found some discourse particles for backchanneling, correcting another person's question and clarifying one's previous utterance. It seemed promising so i used keepvid to download it, and ffmpeg to extract the audio and import it into Praat. Which lead me to a YouTube channel full of reasonably natural Georgian, profiling famous Georgians so the vocabulary will be reasonably similar. https://www.youtube.com/user/ProfiliR2

No comments: