Like human language, programming languages are
- 1 part syntax,
- 1 part vocabulary, and
- 1 part culture/socio-linguistics.
We have selected a few repositories, 2 which show best practices, and 2 pairs of pidgins vs best practices which show not fully formed Android development.
Beginner-Friendly Best Practice Learning Grounds
- Beginners: Using the GPS
- Beginners: Localization
- Advanced: Using library projects
- Advanced: good project management (instructions end to end: how others can set up the code and contribute to the project)
- Beginners: cute flashing button click animations
- Advanced: Game engine
Two page-curl repos
Three Blogger clients
- Do provide booleans so other devs can change arbitrary decisions(1 page book vs. 2 page book, margins vs no margins)
Google IO Sched 2011
- Advanced: using fragments for phones and tablets (warning: this creates many layers of abstraction so its hard to navigate as a beginner)
If you want to use MyTracks you will need to follow their steps to set up your Eclipse environment, and update your AVD manager.